Monday, March 3, 2014

Australia's Most Livable City 2014

My hometown, Canberra was today named Australia's most livable city according to an annual survey by the Property Council of Australia. We have nudged Adelaide out of the top position which it has held for the past few years.  As we were out and about this morning I thought I'd take a few pics of our lovely city to share with you.

This first picture was taken from the spot where my daughter is to be married in April. If you look hard you can see the Telstra Tower (one of our well known landmarks) on top of Black Mountain across the lake.


The next three pictures were taken in Nara Peace Park in Yarralumla - some wedding photos will be taken here.




You can also see the Telstra Tower in the background of that last shot - I zoomed in for a closer look.


Its hard to believe that all those pictures are within coo-ee (Aussie talk for very close - about half a mile or 1km) to the CBD and our Federal Parliament House. Here's the city zoomed in from Nara Peace Park.


Before I go, my youngest DD bought these lovely flowers from our local supermarket on Sunday. Aren't they gorgeous?


I love the shades in this next picture ..


Well, that's about it from me for now.
Til next time .....
xoxox

7 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I absolutely love those purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Canberra for a well-deserved honour! Lovely photos Dorothy and love those purple/mauve flowers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Canberra.. What beautiful pics they are sure to make gorgeous wedding photos.....:))
    It is many years since I was in Canberra, looks like a holiday is due lol... Have a great day Dorothy .. hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, congrats to Canberra. Must have improved somewhat since we left as we didn't find it particularly livable. Nice picks. Never been to Nara Peace Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your fair city. I love where your daughter is going to get married and do hope you take photos to share. My favorite of the flowers is the pink ones!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dorothy,
    Congratulations to Canberra!!! Love your photo's and how about those flowers!! Found in the supermarket?? Wow. Love the colours.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you posted this ages ago, but having just met you I was having a little peek! I love Canberra and was so chuffed to hear it was voted most liveable city. Whenever we come back to visit, the boys insist on going up to the Batman Rocket as they call it (Telstra Tower).
    You've posted some lovely photos of the parks around Lake Burley Griffin. I especially love your little GIF of the Petrie Plaza Merry Go Round!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox